Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lets just pretend we never had this conversation

First off, I am really excited about the new "mom's blog" I'm writing for Her Rochester. I'm still going to keep blogging my more personal thoughts here, but I think it's going to be a fun challenge to have to write a new blog every Tuesday (at least) for strangers. And it will also be a cool way to meet some new people :)

The weather here could not have been more beautiful these past couple of days! We have been spending a ton of time outside and that has been a really nice change. But do you ever have one of those days where you just want to hide under a rock or maybe your covers? Well that's how I'm feeling today. I should be super happy right now because both of the boys are done with school and Ethan did great on his final test. Yea!  But what I would really love to do is lock myself in my room with my book, laptop, and phone and just...be. OK, and food. I'd want food too :) That's not gonna happen today though so instead I'm just kind of taking it easy. I got the kitchen cleaned and we made some "yea! School is over" cookies, and that's it. I think I deserve a break after the stress I had to endure yesterday.

I had a talk with Ethan yesterday that ended in him saying "Lets just pretend we never had this conversation." Yes friends, it has begun. Blah! I'm sooo not ready for this grown up stuff yet! I did get through it without giggling like a little school girl so that was good right?  And it wasn't THE TALK. Just a conversation about bodies. :/  Next time though, I'm going to make him call stinkin Jonathan at work!

He (Ethan) is growing up so fast! I know I say that all the time. The other day our neighbors, who are both women, *wink wink* were outside building something. Ethan was very concerned that they were doing the work themselves. He kept saying how strange it was to see a lady doing hard work and holding a hammer and that they shouldn't be doing that! lol! I didn't know if I should be proud of the boy, or ashamed of myself. I do want him to be a gentleman, but maybe momma needs to show her boy that she isn't afraid of doing some manual labor now and then!... Maybe... But not today. Today I'm going to eat a couple of "Yea! Schools over" cookies and enjoy this beautiful weather.

1 comment: