Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dear Body. Panic attack, night paralysis, or Jesus?

Dear Body,

What the heck is wrong with you!? Ever since I turned 30 back in December, you have been falling apart. Was it something I've done? Maybe it's my new love for the occasional late night snack? Or maybe it's the new 2 cups of coffee a day habbit (which is really your fault). Whatever it is I've done, I'm sorry. Please stop giving me grief. OK? Thanks!

PS
Do we really need to hold on to those last 5ish pounds tighter then a swinging monkey holds to a branch?


                               Pic. from the day my body started hating me.

I never really thought turning 30 was a big deal until I did and my body started to fall apart. I'm having trouble jogging as far as I was, my hip/back hurts, I need to have my wisdom teeth pulled and possibly a hysterectomy. Maybe my body got it's wires crossed somehow and it's getting a head start on turning 50.  It seems like every month it unveils it's new assault. Last night's was a good one I'll give you that.

I woke up in the middle of the night freezing but the AC in our room wasn't even on. I had the chills and I was shaking. I briefly thought it's the flu again but no, it was different. Then I felt a strange pressure and a general, all over, weirdness. Kind of like in the moments before you pass out. I was scared. I thought I was having a heart attack but the symptoms didn't fit. The freakiest thing was the fact that I couldn't move. I felt like my body was still sleeping but I wasn't. I closed my eyes and prayed, then fell back to sleep. I'm not sure how long I slept before it all happened again....SURPRISE!... If once wasn't enough, I got to do it twice! In the middle of it Houston started to cry and I tried really hard to snap out of it so I could go comfort him. I concentrated really hard and started to move my thumb. After that houston stopped crying and I drifted back to sleep.

This morning I thought maybe I had had a panic attack but those come with a pounding cheat and that's one trick my body didn't pull. Maybe night paralysis? I just don't know....Google brought up paranormal stuff but I don't believe in all that. I believe in Jesus. And let me tell you, I was so worried that I was going to die, that I prayed and made sure I was right with him before I did. Hey! Maybe that was his plan all along ;)

So thanks again body! Just for that little trick I think I'll have 2 Twinkies AND a Ho Ho at midnight. Maybe I'll even dunk them in a cup of black coffee....SUCKA!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word. I think you'd better speak with your primary about this because it could be a prelude to something. Paralysis. That is scary stuff. I hope that it doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete