Monday, June 20, 2011

"Houston, we have a problem!"

*Cross posted to Her Rochester*

If I had a dollar for every time someone (maybe me) has said that to my son, I'd have enough money to move out of the ghetto ;). Sometimes it really fits the situation though. Like this past Sunday. We were in the middle of church when a very worried Logan tapped me on the shoulder.

"Mom! Mom!"

"What Logan?"

"Mom, Houston shoved a mint up his nose!"


*That got my attention*

I looked over at Houston who had a big smile on his face. He also had his finger shoved up his nose.

I picked him up and went to grab a friend of mine who is a nurse. At that point I could smell the mint that was starting to melt in his nose. Thankfully he hadn't managed to shove it too far up there, and with one good blow, if flew out of his nostril and into my hand. Houston started crying, not because he was in any pain, but because I had thrown away his mint!!

After church my mom took my dad and the family out to lunch. We went to a new Chinese buffet in town. At first I thought that I was in my own little heaven and so did my gang. But afterward when I was stuffed and still felt full that night I was like WTH? No one woman should eat as much food as I did that day. No really...It was bad!

Lesson learned: Never let this chunky girl loose at a buffet. She WILL eat her money's worth.

                                                     And so will her 4 kids!

Early that evening, we went back to my parent's house for dessert *Why Lord? Why?* And to just hang out. I don't know if it was all the MSG that he consumed or what, but at one point Houston thought it would be a good time to take off his clothes...
Add another dollar to my "Get out of the ghetto" fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment