Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2014 Winter Olympic Craft Ideas

I love when the Olympics come around and the winter Olympics are my favorite! When it comes to homeschool, there are endless things to teach the kids about. The history of the games, the countries participating, the sports, and maybe I can even go over the Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding drama!...No? Yeah. I guess It's probably a little too much for my 5 and 8 year olds ;)

So now I'm on the look out for some good crafts that we can do along with the lessons. Here's what we made during the 2012 summer Olympics.

Olympic Ring Cupcakes

Olympic Ring Cupcakes.
Olympic Medals

Look how little they all were!
Directions:

-Use a round cookie cutter to shape your favorite cookies.


-Wrap the cookies in foil


-Trace your round cookie cutter onto the back of gold and silver card stock. 2 circles for each medal. *I bought my paper from Michaels



- Tape Olympic themed ribbon to one side of the wrapped cookie than tape 1 card stock circle over it. Tape the other circle to the other side of the cookie.



Although, I like to use any excuse to make cupcakes, I don't really want to do the same crafts for this Olympics. I'm thinking something winter themed...and edible ;)

Are you doing anything fun with your kids to celebrate the Olympics?

1 comment: