After talking to some public school teachers and some fellow homeschoolers I was really encouraged! I'm more sure than ever that homeschool is the right choice for our family and I feel challenged to be a better teacher.
I also have met some other moms who are starting to homeschool for the first time this school year. Some of them are looking to me for advice but I've found myself feeding off their excitement and ideas!
This year my goals are:
- To be more sensitive to my kid's different learning styles.
- Make school as fun as possible
- Take the kids to some new field trip locations
- Be successful in teaching science and history without a curriculum (for the first time)
- Most importantly I want to be more positive.
When I got frustrated last year I think I let my negative attitude affect my entire view of homeschool. Somehow I've gotten back to the way I felt when we first decided that homeschool was right for us.
I love being able to choose what my kids learn and when they learn it.
I love that they don't have to be exposed to the things that are happening in the public schools.
And I LOVE being able to have my gang at home with me during the day.
|Ethan (10) 6th grade|
|Logan (9) 4th grade|
|Evelyn (6) 1st grade|
|Houston (3) Likes to play with toys :)|