Friday, July 13, 2012

Chalkboard Paint SOMETHING!

*For those of you who don't follow The Poop Whisperer yet, here's my most recent post.*


See? Ryan gets me. He knows that in order to be officially welcomed into the crafty girls club you HAVE to use chalkboard paint on something! It could be anything from entire bathrooms, fridges, birth announcements, or furniture.

I wanted whatever I used chalkboard paint on to be useful. Because besides keeping track of your child's BMs, how useful can a chalkboard in your bathroom be?

The kitchen in our ghetto-fabulous house isn't very big. It's only saving grace is the pantry. This area has been used for everything from food storage to a makeshift jail for the dogs. The pantry is also the area that you look directly into when you enter through the back door which made it the perfect place for my project.

First, I picked up this small can of chalkboard paint from Lowes. *Walmart didn't have any.
I was a little worried that it wouldn't be enough for 2 coats, but I ended up having more than enough. It covers 10x10 ft according the can (or 5x10 for two coats)

If you've ever painted a wall, you can use chalkboard paint. Just be sure to follow the directions on the back of the can.

In the pictures the wall look kind of gray but it's a nice black in reality. I love the way it turned out! And it's been useful in many ways.

#1. As a place to write lists...

#2. Leave notes...

#3. An OK place for the kids to write all over the wall...

#4 (Not pictured)  Love notes...

When I came home the other day my husband had written, "If I tell you I love you can I keep you forever?"

He totally got that junk off the Internet. Whatever...It worked :)

So now that I've chalkboard painted something I'm going to officially welcome myself into the club of crafty girls! In my acceptance speech, I'd like to thank my boyfriend Ryan for his good looks support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you used chalkboard paint on anything? I'd love to hear your ideas. Now that I've tried it I want to use it on everything!

*Sorry for the bad pictures. The space is really dark. Aaaannnd I stink at taking pics. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment