Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A little less jiggle and a year's worth of pretend bird poop

Where the heck did 2011 go?! No really, I feel as though it flew by! Either I must have stayed really, really busy or slept half the year away. Both are equally possible :) Usually we have a party and ring in the new year with some friends and our combined swarms of kids. This year we were in the middle of our 9 1/2 hr. drive home from visiting family in Indiana. So when the clock struck midnight, I put down my book, kissed my husband on the cheek, and listened to our gang snoring in the back of our minivan. When we turned on our XM radio the FOX news channel was playing "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy". Good times. Good times.
New Years 2011


Here is a list of some of my goals for this year. I'd like to be able to look back at the end of this year and see that I accomplished at least a couple of these things.


Goals for 2012:


Spend more time as a family:
I'd really like to try and limit the use of media in our house even more then we already do. Time is going by so fast. I don't want to look back when my kids are grown and have my memories filled with Netflix and Wii games.

*When I told the boys to turn off the Wii today and use their imaginations Ethan said, "Look! I'm imagining I'm a bird flying through the air. Oops! I just pooped on your head!"
It could be a long year.


Pay off debt:
If things keep going the way they are (and Dave Ramsey isn't a liar) we should have most of our debt (not including our mortgage) paid off in the next few months. I may develop a love/hate relationship with this whole plan.

*Paying off debt = good.  Giving Jonathan all my receipts = none of his business how I spend all his money!..JK...maybe. 


Get/Stay fit:
As I'm writing this blog I'm eating an apple for dessert.... I may have also had just a few bites of ice cream out of the container too. But that doesn't really count....  In the last few weeks I gained 5 pounds! Fo real! When I felt things jiggling while I was on the treadmill I knew there was a problem! I blame the holidays and the stupid people from our gym that took like 3 weeks to renew our membership. Meanwhile instead of working out I was eating entire tins of Christmas cookies and using eggnog as a coffee creamer!

For me, exercise is the key to keeping the weight off. I know that now :/ 


Get more pedicures,new clothes, and a new camera
Because I wanted one thing on the list that would be easy/fun to do.

That thing:
This is the spot where I would write about "that thing" that Jonathan and I really would like to do this year. If we do it I'll write all about it. If we don't, I wont... It's like when people go on a diet. Sometimes they don't want to tell people just in case it doesn't work out. That's how we feel about this "thing". ;)

Be a better mother:
That's more of a every minute goal though.

Write more:
If I don't blog about it soon after it happens then I don't do it. I want to try and keep a better record of the things that are happening with our little family. Aren't you thrilled?!?

As for writing for the Democrat and Chronicle... For a while I was getting annoyed at the amount of time of was spending writing for a "volunteer" position so I stopped. Then Jonathan said, "Work for the job you want, not for the job you have."

That's deep. Real deep ;) So I've decided to try and write more for them too.

So yeah. That's pretty much it. Ground shaking. I know ;) What are your goals for this year? Do they involve less jiggle on the treadmill like mine or are they a bit deeper than that?

5 comments:

  1. I approve of this plan. ;) bird pooped on your head. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JC- I knew you would approve at least one thing one this list :) Now if Jonathan would just come to the light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice goals :-) My goals are exercising more and eating less...so far that's a fail! And, also forgetting 2011 ever happened :-) That's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goals lose half of me and quite possibly practicing for a 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shavahn-See! Once you have 3 the 4th one is a cinch :)

    ReplyDelete