What can I say.... Food makes me happy! My kids will probably quote that line to me when they are morbidly obese and need someone to blame ;) Here is a recipe Evelyn I tried today for muffins. My gang said they were the "best muffins ever"
Easy Berry Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Large egg
- 3/4 Cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup of oil
- 1 Teaspoon of van. extract
- 1 1/2-2 cups of freash or frozen (blue,rasp.,black)berries.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in bowl. In another bowl whisk together egg,buttermilk,oil,and van. Gently mix berries into wet mixture then combine all ingredients. Fill each muffin cup about half full of batter. Bake until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- * Using fresh berries may require less baking time*