Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lets take this puppy for a test drive.

I love to eat but for some reason food always tastes better when someone else is cooking. Ever since I was a little girl I would love to go to my friends house just to try out what their mom was cooking. They could be making something as simple as tomato soup and salad with ranch dressing (as one friend always did) and it just tasted so much better then the soup we had at our house. One friend's dad always had a cupboard full of his special snacks that he would sometimes let us chose from. Today at my house we have our own "snack cupboard" that the kids love to go through when their friends come over.

What can I say.... Food makes me happy! My kids will probably quote that line to me when they are morbidly obese and need someone to blame ;)  Here is a recipe Evelyn I tried today for muffins. My gang said they were the "best muffins ever"





Easy Berry Muffins

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
  • 2 Teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 Teaspoon salt
  • 1 Large egg
  • 3/4 Cup buttermilk
  • 2/3 cup of oil
  • 1 Teaspoon of van. extract
  • 1 1/2-2 cups of freash or frozen (blue,rasp.,black)berries.

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in bowl. In another bowl whisk together egg,buttermilk,oil,and van. Gently mix berries into wet mixture then combine all ingredients. Fill each muffin cup about half full of batter. Bake until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
  2. * Using fresh berries may require less baking time* 

Footnotes

  • If using frozen berries, wait to take them out of the freezer till the last min. to prevent from defrosting and bleeding into batter. *kind of like the ones in my picture did*

No comments:

Post a Comment