Friday, June 6, 2014

Finger Lakes Musical Theater Festival

I remember when I first fell in love with musical theater. When I was in 6th grade we took a field trip to Toronto to see Phantom of the Opera. I still remember getting a little teary eyed when Christine hit that note in "The Phantom Of The Opera". I had never seen talent like that before! Since then, I've seen the Phantom at least 5 times and I still get caught up in the moment and seeing the music come alive! 

Musical theater is something I enjoy sharing with my family too! We've been to see shows like The Lion King, Phantom Of The Opera, Annie, and most recently I took Evelyn to see Beauty And The Beast.


My love for musical theater is why I was so excited to learn about the start of the third season of the Finger Lakes Musical Festival! The festival showcases "Broadway in the fingerlakes" at 3 different venues in Auburn, NY. The season lasts from May 29th to Oct. 18th and features 200+ performances of seven productions.

Productions include:  “Mary Poppins,” “Damn Yankees,” “On the Town,” “The Will Rogers Follies,” and “The Church Basement Ladies: The Last (Potluck) Supper” at the Merry-Go-Round Playhouse, and “Menopause The Musical” at MGR Downtown at Auburn Public Theater

We'll be making the trip to Auburn this week to see a performance of Mary Poppins at the Merry-Go-Round Playhouse! Auburn is only about an hour drive away and there's so much to do I'm hoping to stay the night and do some exploring the next day.

For more information on the shows, as well as the new work series, “The PiTCH,” please visit http://fingerlakesmtf.com







1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing this its very inspiring. keep posting more
    Work Boots

    ReplyDelete