Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Stomach Bug. The Christmas Gift We Didn't Ask For.

First of all, congratulations to Susan Evans! She is the winner of The Monster Jam tickets!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm happy to say I've finally finished all of my Christmas shopping! It's a good thing too because I'm getting tired of getting dressed and I'm running out of clothes that I can wear outside of the house without embarrassing myself. The past couple of weeks have been insanely busy and I'm ready for a lazy day where I can lay around in my pajamas all day.

The craziness started when Houston caught a stomach bug. This was in the beginning of a week that was packed with important things including 3 Christmas banquets. What!? Christmas banquets are important! I tried my very best to stop it at Houston by washing my hands until they were dry and cracked and cleaning the bathrooms twice a day. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, the darn bug still made it's way through all of us in some form.  :(  Thankfully we didn't miss too many things and best of all were able to attend all 3 banquets.

Adult Christmas banquet.



Ethan's first youth banquet. Poor kid was a little embarrassed to have both of his parents there as chaperones.  



Evelyn, Houston, and my niece at their children's banquet. Logan was there but he was busy helping clean up afterwards.

There have been many sleepless nights taking care of sick kids (why do they have to do all of their vomiting in our room!?) and/or anticipating visits from sick kids. Lack of sleep mixed with the busyness of the season has left me with days where I just felt like a zombie! I love me some coffee but even I get tired of drinking cup after cup.

I recently tried a new product called Avitae, which is a caffeine water (no calories, no sugar, and no artificial ingredients). They have a 45 mg caffeine bottle (equivalent to soda) and a 90 mg bottle (equivalent to coffee).You can get them at Wegmans, Tops, and Walgreens. I was a little nervous at first to try it but the stuff really is just like drinking a glass of water but with the benefit of a little energy boost that helped get me through those zombie days :)

Lastly, I'm a big jerk and didn't get around to sending out Christmas cards this year, but I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and enjoy spending some time with your family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment