Monday, March 5, 2012

Banana muffins worth documenting

I don't usually post recipes on my blog. The truth is I'm not that good of a cook. I have a few things that I specialize in like my apple pie and German chocolate cake, but everything else is just average.

That's why I have to share these muffins! Not only did they look pretty but they tasted awesome!

As Logan put it, "It's rare for your muffins to turn out this pretty."

These types of things deserve to be documented :)


Banana Crumb Muffins

Banana Crumb Muffins edited

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  
*Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
1. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
2. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. 

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. The only thing that I changed was that I added a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg to the flour mixture before I added the banana mixture.
I'm sure that's what made these puppies so awesome ;)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment