Friday, August 10, 2012

Blogging Runs in the Family

My 11 year old son reads like a crazy man! Every Tuesday he comes home from the library with a bunch of books that he finishes in a matter of days. He reads allllll day long. As soon as he wakes up in the morning he reaches for a book. I've made him stop reading before and go outside to play only to look out the window and see him sitting at the picnic table...with a book. Sometimes I'll even catch him trying to read by the light of his lava lamp when he's supposed to be in bed sleeping.

So, I'm using his love for reading to try to get him to write more.

Lava Lamp Book Reviews

Ethan will be writing reviews of books that he has recently read. I'm sure he would be thrilled if you and your kids would stop by and leave him some feedback!

And I'll be thrilled that by doing this he'll be practicing writing, spelling, grammar, and typing skills ;)

Thanks for showing my baby some love.

6 comments:

  1. That's so awesome!! What a great idea. And you can slip homeschool in there like its second nature! Go mom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm surprised at how excited he is about the whole thing!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness. That is simply adorable. I look forward to reading his book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading it! He gets so excited to see that someone else visited his blog. He's, like, "twenty-five people read my review today!" lol

      Delete
  3. I can't figure out how to leave a comment on his blog, so I'm just putting it here instead.

    As a mom, I would normally rate death as higher than "mild violence"...but considering how this one turns out, I guess that is a good opinion. :) This story is a family favorite.

    I'm looking forward to reading more of your book reviews! My 9-year-old daughter also loves to read, and I bet you can recommend some good books for her.

    --Adana Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  4. love his ambition and motivation and blog! congrats to him..and you!!!

    ReplyDelete